A Summer of Visitors - Part I

I had a nice little emergency surgery back in May, did you hear? My surgeon said I had a "very angry" gallbladder that needed to be removed immediately. So, one day I was visiting with some friends - having a very normal day, and the next, I was in more pain than I ever imagined possible (and I've had three kids, one weighing 10lbs 5oz)!

My surgery came and went and I spent a total of 3.5 days in the e/r and hospital (infections, severe pain, fevers, blah, blah, blah). Needless to say our life got flipped, turned upside down, and we were all rescued by Aunt Catie.

Thanks to her extended visit, the kids were taken care of while Conor spent time at the hospital with me, I was able to recover as the doctors had requested...no lifting anything over 10 lbs (ok, I mostly stuck to that rule), and Aunt Catie realized what life is like with three little ones running circles around you, quite literally! She made it through, always with a smile on her face.

She was a rock star and I don't know how we would have done it without her!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the new layout! I'm so happy I was able to spend so much time with you all, I absolutely loved spending so much time with you, conor and the babies. If you ever need a nanny..... <3 <3<3

    ReplyDelete