Faces of Hope



I recently completed a year-and-a-half long design project for the Children's Hospital of Boston. It's a wonderful book called Faces of Hope. My involvement started through my graphic design program at CDIA, where I started working on it before I became pregnant with Lillie, and ended it when she was 6 months! The book features pediatric cancer patients and their families sharing their stories - from diagnosis to treatment and recovery. Through the hard work of Summer M. at Children's, the book is being distributed to hospitals nationwide so that others in the same situation may find some hope and strength. It was an amazingly rewarding experience, and one that came with many hours of work by myself and a few other very talented and dedicated designers and photographers.


The CDIA Team with Summer from Children's Hospital

Last month was the book release party where Conor, Lillie, and I got to meet some of the families who participated. There were some current photography students present to document the evening and they captured this shot of Lillie with Dad. As you can see, she'd had a long week and was ready to go home and go to bed!


In more recent news, we had a very busy and exciting 4th of July. I'll try to post more about the weekend (with pictures) tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Carey! What a rewarding and emotional experience, I'm sure those families are so grateful for this book, and for all your hard work. Again, Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAREY CONGRATULATIONS!! WHAT AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE. WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU. LOVE MOM AND DAD

    ReplyDelete